“Hot Wynning Wheels” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WDDJ-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Bristol Broadcasting Corporation located at, 6000 WKYX/WKYQ Road
Paducah, Kentucky 42003, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WDDJ-FM “Hot Wynning Wheels” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Bristol Broadcasting Corporation and/or Chip Wynn Motors, either companies parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, taxes and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 8:00 am. CST on September, 17 2018 and will run through 3:30, CST on October 13, 2018 (the “contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
(I) Enter online via the Second Street contesting platform link provided on electric969.com, Chipwynn.com, westkentuckystar.com, www.facebook.com/electric969radio Online entries will cease at or about 11:59 pm. October 7, 2018.
(ii) On-Air: On-Air: Listen to the Station on Monday 10/8 between 6:00 am CST and 8:00pm CST, during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 270-534-4969. The designated caller to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win and will be deemed to be a Qualifier. There will be (5) qualifiers chosen this way.
(iii) Remote Broadcast: Attend a remote broadcast (for dates and times listen to Electric 9.69fm Mondays through Friday 5:30am to 8:00pm) conducted by that Station at the following locations and complete an online entry form:
- Chip Wynn Motors 3147 Park Ave, Paducah, KY 42001
- Electric 96.9 Radio booth at BBQ on the River “Downtown Riverfront” Paducah KY 42001
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the deadline stated for the October 13, 2018 remote broadcast. Illegible and/or incomplete entries will be deemed not entered for purposes of this Contest.
(iii) Sponsors Entry: Go to the following locations during their stated business hours and fill out and official online entry form:
- Chip Wynn Motors 3147 Park Ave, Paducah, KY 42001
All entries must be received by 3:30 pm., CST on October 13, 2018 to be eligible for the grand prize drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person. Fifty (50) entries will be drawn at random during the Contest Period and those entrants will become Qualifiers, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules, for a total of fifty (50) Qualifiers. All entries must be completed via the online application. No write-in entries will be accepted, if you need help completing a registration please contact a representative of Bristol Broadcasting Corporation or Chip Wynn Motors for assistance.
- Winner Selection. All eligible Qualifiers must present at the grand prize event scheduled for Saturday, October 13, 2018 at Chip Wynn Motors located at 3147 Park Ave, Paducah, KY 42001 at 3:00 pm. You must check-in no later than 3:30 pm., and present a current, valid government issued photo ID and remain present throughout the duration of the Grand Prize Event. Failure to check-in by the deadline and/or failure to present a government issued photo ID will lead to immediate disqualification and at that time will no longer be able to win the Grand Prize. WDDJ is not responsible if any winner fails to show up for the grand prize event. If a qualifier does not attend the final event that person is not eligible for any prize or compensation. All qualifiers must be checked in by 3:30 pm, if they fail to do so they are disqualified. There will be zero substitutions and NO proxies will be allowed for any reason. YOU MUST REMAIN PRESENT, ONCE CHECKED-IN THROUGH THE DURATION OF THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT.
GRAND PRIZE EVENT
At or around 3:30pm, the grand prize event will start. One by one an authorized member of WDDJ-FM promotions staff will announce one (1) qualifier who is properly checked in at a time to come and pick one (1) prize tube at a random from the block of prize tubes. In the tube there will be random consolation prizes, a station t-shirt, as well as (3) tubes containing a photo of a music CD. The amount of tubes will correspond with the number of qualifiers that checked in at the event. You must present yourself within thirty (30) seconds of your name being called. Failure to present will lead to a determination that you have left the Grand Prize Event, are no longer present, and you will be disqualified for purposes of this Contest. After all names have been called, and all tubes have been given out, the WDDJ-FM promotions staff will announce for the qualifiers to open up the shirts that were contained in the tubes. The photograph of a music CD will make the Qualifier a FINALIST who is capable of winning the Grand Prize. All other Qualifiers who do not have a photograph of a CD will be deemed no longer eligible to win the Grand Prize.
STARTING THE CAR WITH FINALISTS
After the WDDJ-FM promotion staff confirms the three (3) Finalists and their photographs of CDs, the Finalists process begins. Each finalist who has a photograph of a CD will now trade that photograph for an actual CD at random. The order of choosing their CD will correspond to a number between 1 and 3 that is labeled on the photographs of CDs they received when picking from the prize tubes at random. The 3 finalist’s will then be escorted to the (3) predetermined vehicles and each Finalist will enter a vehicle with a representative of Chip Wynn Motors accompanying them. Each finalist will insert their CD into the car’s stereo system. All (3) CDs will contain music but only one (1) CD will have the sound of an engine starting. If a Finalist’s CD does indeed have the engine starting sound effects followed by the recorded congratulations, they will be declared the winner of the contest and win their choice of one of the three (3) predetermined vehicles, Grandprize winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. A member of the WDDJ-FM staff will be in the vehicle to confirm if the Finalist has the winning CD.
IN THE EVENT OF VEHICLE ERROR
If for any reason the winning music CD is not able to play, a winner will be determined by random reverse drawing among the 3 Finalists. Finalists names will be thrown into a tumbler, and a member of the WDDJ-FM promotion staff will draw a name at random. Once a name has been called, that person is eliminated from the contest and is no longer eligible to win the Grand Prize. Names will continue to be drawn and called until there is one (1) name left, and that person will win their choice of the three (3) predetermined vehicles, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. WDDJ-FM and Chip Wynn Motors personnel conducting the contest will make any and all decisions relating to the event, and their decisions will be final.
- Verification of Potential Winner.THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The grand prize will be the winners choice between a 2013 Buick Lacrosse Sedan (VIN 1G4GC5ER5DF301937) (ARV $11,825.00). 2011 JEEP Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD (VIN 1J4RS4GG1BC539024)(ARV $12,050.00), or 2015 Kia Forte Coup 2D SX (VIN KNAFZ6A31F5346353)(ARV $13,375.00) or a check for $9,690 from Chip Wynn Motors. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. The Winner must pay all applicable taxes and registration and take possession of the Grand Prize no later than 5:00 pm. on the fourth (4th) business day following the Grand Prize event. Failure to pay the applicable fees, taxes, and registration by 5:00 pm. will lead to forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will then be awarded to the next to last name drawn during the Grand Prize event. This process will continue until a winner pays all applicable fees, taxes, and registrations by 5:00 pm. on the fourth (4th) business day following notification of winning.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Bristol Broadcasting Corporation., and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability.The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce-ability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results.A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below. 6000 Bristol Drive, Paducah KY 42001.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Chip Wynn Motors